Welcome to Academic Counseling
The Counseling Department is committed to assisting students in achieving their academic goals through empowerment and education. The counselors will provide guidance by creating an Ed Plan, helping students figure out a career choice, applying to transfer, and encouraging and directing students to resources for mental health and personal care.
Connecting with An Academic Counselor
We know students have a busy schedule, so we've developed multiple ways for you to meet with a counselor that best meet your needs. We offer both in-person and online Zoom appointments and drop-in sessions six days a week:
- Appointments (book here)
- Express Counseling Sessions (daily drop-ins / first-come, first served)
- Saturday Counseling - online Zoom appointments (book here)
- If you're a veteran or using veteran's benefits to attend college, click here.
- Workshops for first-time-to-college students
- Your registration date is now available in your SURF - here's how to find it.
Counseling staff are available from Mon-Thu 8 a.m.-7 p.m. & Fri 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Have your SURF ID (student ID) number ready, if you have one.
Prepare for Your Appointment
Whether you've got a full appointment or doing Express, there are a few things you can do to get ready before you meet with a counselor. Review our quick-reference tips.
Follow our socials!
- @mcccounseling: Twitter/Instagram
- @MiraCosta College Counseling: Facebook
- @mcc.vetscounseling: Instagram